Draft: Her

I've been thinking a lot about her. Ive written about her. Dreamed about her. Hated her. Feared her. Dated her. Loved her. Sacrificed her. I've thrown her under the bus. Saved her. Excused her. Abused her. Manipulated her. Confided in her. Forgave her.


She left me.
She left me at a diner in Idaho. She left me on the side of the road in southern Utah. She left me at the top of a peak in Arizona. In a marina behind the San Diego Airport. She left me following a late night phone call and on the tear filled nights and days that followed. She left me a year ago. She left me so I could make my own way.



Last night as I was putting him to bed my boy said “I’m the type of person who likes to sleep with no shirt on. That’s just the type of person I am.” My love for him is over the moon. He is becoming self-aware and I could not be more pleased about that.

I’m the type who likes to read magazines from the back to the front. For as long as I can remember this has been the case. I’m not sure why, and I’m sure it doesn’t matter. It doesn’t make me good or bad, it simply makes me. There are a lot of ways I am. There are plenty of ways I was. There will be ways I will be, I know that. 



 



Comments

Popular Posts