Paint it black...or white.

I thought it would be soo fun to paint our new house (inside). We moved into a house with GREEN trim and doors. Not ugly, but not sweet..

So I started to consider my options. I took home a lot of paint chip cards. I put them in the filing cabinet for a while. I forgot about them. I found them again. I got excited. I bought paint, I bought samples. I bought rollers and I bought brushes, I bought tape and I started painting. Then I realized how fun painting is not. But I do realized how nice it WILL look when I'm all done ;)

If you don't know this already, I have two children, a three year old and another who is almost two. I have two puppies, not the calm types who sit on your lap, either. So I spend my days being a mom, potty trainer, house keeper, dog walker, HOA president, blogger, instagrammer, and cook in training. But by night I turn into a painter! As soon as the girls drift off to dreamland I go downstairs, tape, paint, paint, paint, paint, clean up and admire the SLOW process of progress.

I think in a total of three months I can be done. Is that good? It's good enough for this mom.
My first day. Thought I'd test a little paint on the trim. Loved the white.

So, I taped off the doors, the trim, the base and the crown molding. This is when I realized I couldn't turn back.

So I didn't, I moved forward.

And I didn't stop.

I started to see progress and I learned doors are not fun to paint, especially when you're trying to cover a color.

I finished my first whole section. Proud.

And when the tape came off I was really glad I decided to do this. 


I carried it all the way around the room. Two weeks and the trim, base and molding look great!


 I sampled some color on the walls. I decided to go with what you see on the bottom.

I hung the door back up. ALL BY MYSELF. Then Mark came home and straightened it up for me so I would actually close :)) I don't care, I'm still proud.

So proud that I took all of the doors off on the main floor and started painting them.

When I bought sample color, I purched three colors from one paint chip card. Since I decided to go with the lightest and darkest colors, I had the middle color sample left over. So I put it to good use and painting the inside of my kitchen cupboard. I know it will go well with the color scheme since it falls in the middle of the colors I chose AND there will be a door in front of it anyway.

I like it.


So that's about it. I am working on finishing the trim in the hallway and up the stairs and touching up the main room. THEN I get to start color. Truth be told, I'm REEEEAAALLLLY excited to start the color even though I know it will be a lot of work, I will probably feel like I hate it while I'm rolling the night away every night for two weeks but hey, who needs sleep anyway?

Photobucket

Comments

  1. Holy canolli thats alot of work!!! you should be proud, it's comin along great! can't wait to see it when it's all done! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

thoughts?

Popular Posts