28.3.11

Whole food Cookies

Here we go, I tried once, I'm gonna have to try again and maybe again to get these where I want them to be...
Whole Food Cookies
20 cookies


Begin with 6 to 8 prunes (or dates), hot water, coconut oil and honey, blend


Process flax seeds


Combine all of the ingredients plus vanilla

Add almond butter, quinoa, almond flour, baking soda, salt and carob chips


This is what you get

Bake for 10 to 12 minutes at 350F

Recipe:

1/2 cup prunes (or dates)
1/4 cup hot water
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup ground flax seeds
2 tsp vanilla
1 cup almond butter
1 cup quinoa
1/2 cup almond flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup carob chips

Blend the prunes, hot water, oil and honey.

Ground flax seeds and add to the above mixture with vanilla.

Blend in almond butter.

Add the final five ingredients and blend until everything is combined.

Drop by tablespoons onto a greased cookie sheet and press flat with palm. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes at 350 F.


Enjoy. Sort of.

Here's the deal, they are pretty good but not really sweet like a cookie. ALSO, I used quinoa when the original recipe called for quinoa flakes. I was at Whole Foods Market for almost an hour and couldn't find the flakes... So my cookies look like bird food.

Next try, I will use either quinoa flakes if I can find them (if not maybe I'll try oatmeal) and I'll use real chocolate chips for a bit of sweetness.

Here's the good side of the cookies: they are healthy, made from quality, sugar free, whole ingredients, talk about a guilt free cookie, and they make me feel FULL. They are something good to reach for as a snack that will really hold you over until the next meal.

Until next time...
Photobucket

No comments: